Shout-Out to my grandparents: Pop and Gram, PawPaw and MawMaw. You are an integral part of my childhood, family identity, memories, and my life still today. Here are some of the memories that make me smile and things I appreciate:
- Countless hours of babysitting, time together, and listening to a young me chatter stories about whatever was going on in my life at the time.
- Always keeping a box of Barbies in your closets.
- Letting us run wild with our cousins through your house once a year.
- PawPaw’s gift of photography, and cuddles in his big leather chair.
- Shopping sprees at the mall with MawMaw.
- Going on walks with Pop and the dogs.
- Cooking with Gram and talking about life.
- Boat rides on the lake.
- Line dancing lessons.
I could keep going, but you get the idea. In both big and little ways – in your own way – each one of you invested your love into my life. Thank you.
Challenge to readers:
Give a shout-out to your grandparents in the comments below! Then be sure to let them know – if they’re still living – how much you appreciate their investment in your life.