The popular devotional Come Away My Beloved contains this line, and it grabbed hold of my heart when I read it:
“One does not write what has already been written. One writes out of the storehouse of fresh revelation and personal knowledge gained through the painful experiences of growth.”
Here at Be Still Waiting Heart, I’m writing from the storehouse of what I’ve experienced in recent seasons of life… praying that it infuses you with hope and courage, as you walk similar paths.
So are you in one of these seasons….
- Single, waiting for your someday husband?
- In an intentional relationship or planning a wedding?
- Pursuing or serving in a ministry role?
- Waiting, unsure of what God has next?
- Newly married, finding your identity as a wife?
- Longing for the blessing of children?
- Wondering how to be a woman in today’s culture?
- Seeking Jesus in any one of these circumstances?
If you can say yes, that’s me to any of those, then you will feel at home here!
And as for me?
I’m Ashley. I’m 30 years old, and my husband and I have been married for two years. In the summer of 2015, the Lord gave and the Lord took away our first baby after one month of pregnancy. While the disease of PCOS makes it more challenging, we hope to have more children someday, in God’s time.
My husband and I both work in full-time Christian ministry at a Bible Camp in Alaska. It’s quite the adventurous life for a shy Southern girl raised on books, Barbies, and ballet class – but I love it! In my free time outside of camp work, I adore coffee shops, traveling, cooking, and thrift store shopping.
I’m so glad you’re here…stay as long as you like! 🙂