Hey friends! So over the past year or two, I’ve been making an effort to live a healthier, more natural lifestyle — including the products I use in my home and on my body. Sometimes we don’t realize how much junk, chemicals, fake stuff, and even artificial hormones we are taking in, just through the products we are using every day.
This has been a bit of a gradual shift, and it’s still in progress. Often natural or organic products can be more pricey than your normal, top seller products… but it doesn’t have to break the bank. And even when the cost is a little higher, we have to decide if our health and well-being is worth it. For me, I decided to prioritize my health, particularly in the area of the bath-body-and-beauty products I’m using on a daily basis.
Today I want to share some of these healthy choices with you, so — if you choose — you can give them a try, too! Most of the links below will be Amazon Affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission (see full affiliate disclosure). Don’t worry, it’s no extra cost to you, and I truly do love these products! 🙂
Natural Products I’m Using (and Loving!)
- Renpure Coconut Cream Shampoo – This shampoo is FREE of parabens, sodium chloride, sulfates, and dyes. I love that I’m washing my hair with healthy ingredients, and another plus is that it actually foams up well like shampoo should — some organic or homemade soaps don’t. Yes, it cleans my hair, and no, it doesn’t smell strongly like coconut 🙂
- Physician’s Formula Organic Wear CC Cream – I’ve been using this cream in place of liquid foundation makeup. Turns out, the makeup we usually wear contains parabens, which disrupt hormone balance by mimicking estrogen. Since I already struggle with hormone imbalance, once I learned this, I couldn’t stand to continue rubbing that into my skin every single day.
This color-correcting cream doesn’t cover skin redness and blemishes quite as well as regular foundation does, but it’s pretty good at smoothing out lines and pores, and covering the dark circles under my eyes. For day-to-day wear, I’m satisfied with it!
- Cloth Menstrual Pads – Now, you ladies may have mixed feelings about this, and honestly I did too, but I decided to try it. And you know, it’s not that bad! The cloth pads absorb really well; I’ve never had any leakage. They are free of the bleach contained in regular pads, and plus, they’re reusable so in the long run they save you money! If you decide to make the switch to cloth, just be sure to purchase enough for a few days. You’ll need to change them pretty frequently, as they don’t breathe quite as well as store-bought ones.
- Coconut Oil – This one has been tough for me, because I can’t stand the taste and smell of coconut. But I’m convinced that the health benefits are worth the effort 🙂 There are sooo many uses for coconut oil! I use it as an ingredient in my homemade face wash. I’ve also recently started adding a teaspoon of it to my morning coffee, and have found it helps with digestive issues. I’m sure I’ve only scratched the surface of the uses for this ‘wonder oil’!
- Lavender Essential Oil – Lately, I’ve been using a few drops of this as perfume. Obviously it’s more natural than perfume or body spray, and it has benefits. Lavender, with its calming effects, is known for helping with headaches and anxiety. I sprinkle a few drops in my hands, and rub onto the back of my neck and into my hair.
What do you think? Will you try any of these? What other natural products do YOU love?